Wednesday 3 May 2017

Overview: April Reading

Reading Overview & Genre Breakdown

Another slow reading month *sigh*. Maybe it's time to face up to the fact that this is the new normal, and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Books read in April: 13
Books read YTD: 62

Fiction Titles: 12
  • 12 Romance (5 historical romance, 6 contemporary romance, 1 historical paranormal)
Non-Fiction Titles: 1
  • 1 Scientific Journalism/Personal History
Poetry Titles: 1


Noteworthy Novels


Noteworthy Non-Fiction

  • N/A - Once again, I only read one non-fiction book this month, and I'll be damned if  I let it win by default, because it was self-aggrandizing and tone-deaf Kindle Single about Henrietta Lacks, written by the journalist who originally broke the story. I only bought it because I can't afford The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks at the moment, but I wish I hadn't. 

Noteworthy Settings

Kick-ass Characters

  • Bernie from The Undateable by Sarah Title - A great unlikeable heroine
  • Nate & Robyn from Perv by Dakota Gray - They're the dirty, fucked up couple you didn't know you needed in your life. Nate's your classic playboy with a fresh twist, but Robyn's not buying his practiced routine.
  • Gabriel from Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas - Come on, he's Evie and Sebastian's son. It was genetically impossible for him not to be kick-ass, but he endeared himself to me in the way he dealt with Pandora's worries about losing her legal personhood.

From the Internet this Month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...